Tinted Glass is produced by the float process with the addition of small quantities of metal oxides to color the normal clear glass mix. This coloration is achieved through adding metal oxides at the smelting stage. Addition of color does not affect the basic properties of the glass, even though visible light reflectance will be slightly higher than clear glass.
Tinted Glass reduces solar transmittance by absorbing a large proportion of the solar energy the majority of which is control and energy reduction. Our GLASS has strict tolerances on its colored glass and ensures through precise quality control that the tinted glass it makes is the same within a batch and across batches- year after year. Our range of vibrant colours, excellent performance characteristics and post-production treatment possibilities, our tinted glass is the ideal choice for architects in any new construction or renovation project.
- The body tinted float glass can reduce transmission of the sun's harmful rays by up to 80% thus minimizing fading to interior furnishings.
- The comprehensive range of soft natural colours compliments and harmonizes with modern building materials to provide an exciting and different look to new or existing buildings.
- Could be easily cut, bent, insulated, laminated, lacquered, coated, tempered or heat strengthened and in addition can be silk-screened.
Tinted Glass is intended for universal applications where an attractive appearance or basic solar control properties are required:
- Commercial and civil buildings.
- Interior decoration and show windows.
- Automotive window shield
Meets all SANS standards
SPECIFICATION, COLOURS & SIZES:
vailable on request