Laminated Glass is made by good quality adhesive interlayer and advanced bond technology. Laminated Glass is a kind of glass made of two or more sheets of top quality glass bonded together with a polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayer. After the PVB interlayer has been placed between the glass sheets, the whole assembly is subjected to heat and pressure. This makes the complete adhesion of the vinyl and the glass. In the event of breakage, the glass fragments remain bonded to the plastic interlayer.
Laminated Glass provides many solutions for the protection of people. If broken, the glass remains bonded to a plastic sheet and is less likely to cause injury to people or property. The PVB sheet also makes penetration more difficult.
- Extremely high safety: The PVB interlayer withstands penetration from impact. Even if the glass cracks, splinters will adhere to the interlayer and not scatter. In comparison with other kinds of glass, laminated glass has much higher strength to resist shock, burglary, burst and bullets.
- Energy-saving building materials: PVB interlayer impedes the transmission of solar heat and reduces cooling loads.
- Create aesthetic sense to buildings: Laminated glass with a tinted interlayer will beautify the buildings and harmonize their appearances with surrounding views, which meet the demand of architects.
- Sound control: PVB interlayer is an effective absorber of sound.
- Ultraviolet screening: The interlayer filters out ultraviolet rays and prevents the furniture and curtains from fading effect
Laminated Glass is widely used in areas where a safety glass is needed.
- Sloped/Overhead Glazing
- Museums, Prisons, Government Buildings
- Jewelry Stores, Banks, Airports
- Safety Glazing Applications
- Schools, Hospitals, Hotels
- Interior Partitions, Office Buildings
All imaginable colour combinations are available. A detailed specification on performance, size, thickness and colours available on request.